Nginx 1.4.0 stable version has been released on April 24th 2013, incorporating many new features developed in the 1.3.x branch :
- support for proxying of WebSocket connections,
- OCSP stapling,
- SPDY module,
- gunzip filter,
- and more… See the full Changelog for more details.
As a consequence, Dotdeb’s packages of Nginx 1.4.0 are now available for both Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” and Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” (amd64/i386) with the following changes :
- (Wheezy only) SPDY support has been enabled in nginx-extras and nginx-full.
- (Wheezy only) the nginx-passenger flavor has been removed. You should use unicorn or uwsgi-plugin-rack-ruby* instead.
- nginx-extras now supports HTTP Gunzip.
- Naxsi has been upgraded to 0.50.
- chunkin-nginx-module (useless now) and nginx-upload-module (incompatible with 3.1.8+) are no longer supported.
- The headers-more, echo, lua, Push stream, Pinba and Passenger modules got minor upgrades.
As usual, if you want to know which module has been included in each Nginx flavor, you just have to look at this document.