Redis 2.8.6 has been released on February 13th 2014, bringing the following changes (take a look at the Changelog) :
- [FIX] Fixed an critical EVALSHA script cache bug: scripts executed may not propagate to AOF / Slaves correctly under certain conditions. See issue #1549 at Github for more information.
- [FIX] Fixed multiple bugs resulting into closing the link with master or slave during replication without good reasons. This will result in useless resynchronizations, or infinite loops where the replication link can’t be established.
- [FIX] Don’t count the time needed to populate the buffers of clients waiting in MONITOR mode when populating the Slow Log entries.
- [NEW] AOF write errors (like no space on device) no longer abort Redis if the fsync policy is none or every second. The database enters a read-only mode where every write is refused with an error. Normal operations are restored as soon as Redis is able to append again data to the AOF file.
- [NEW] Sentinel now accepts SHUTDOWN command.
The upgrade urgency is high for Redis, low for Sentinel. Redis users using Lua scripts with EVALSHA and attached slaves and/or AOF persistence should consider upgrading ASAP.
The packages are now available for both Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” and Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.