On October 16th 2014, the PHP group released PHP 5.6.2.
Four security-related bugs were fixed in this release, including fixes for CVE-2014-3668, CVE-2014-3669 and CVE-2014-3670. All PHP 5.6 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
PHP 5.6.2 packages are now available on Dotdeb for Debian 7.7 “Wheezy”, on both amd64 and i386 architectures.
Please also note these points :
- Regression : php5-memcached lacks JSON support
- Missing packages : Xcachen Xdebug and Xhprof are missing for now
- End of support : Spplus won’t be supported anymore. Pinba’s fates hasn’t been decided yet.
As a consequence :
- Don’t upgrade yet if you need missing features
- For users upgrading from PHP 5.5, a full migration guide is available, detailing the changes between 5.5 and 5.6.0
- The full list of changes is available in the ChangeLog
- Your feedbacks are always welcome. Just make sure they are useful.
To install PHP 5.6 or to upgrade from previous version just follow the instructions.
5 replies on “PHP 5.6.2 for Wheezy”
Are you planning to add support for XDebug again?
@Chris : of course
What about XCache support, will that return?
I upgraded form PHP 5.4 to 5.6. Now “php -v” brings:
PHP 5.6.2-1~dotdeb.1 (cli) (built: Oct 21 2014 20:18:31)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies
But phpinfo() says the version is 5.4.33-1~dotdeb.1. Why are the versions of the cli and the apache mod different and how can I fix this?
Got it. Forced reinstall of the Apache handler solved it.